Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mothers Day Classic

This year on Mothers Day (Sunday May 10th) I will be participating in the Mothers Day Classic 8km RUN FOR BREAST CANCER in celebration of my beautiful mothers life who lost her battle to breast cancer just over two years ago. The week that mothers day falls is usually quite an emotional week for me as it is also the same week of my birthday. This will be my third mothers day without her and will be the first time I am participating in this event but definitely not the last!




I have a team of 10 joining me on the day which includes friends, family and even clients.  I really am so grateful to have such an incredible and supportive network of people around me who are willing to share this special day with me and help me raise funds for a cause that I hold close to my heart.  I am also SO proud of those clients of mine who are participating with me. 



Holding my mums hand the night before she passed away xo
Losing my mum to cancer was the catalyst that fueled my drive to change careers and help others with their health and quality of life. Throughout my mums terminal sickness, exercise was one of the few things that was guaranteed to always lift my mood(it really is amazing how exercising can improve not only your physical health and appearance but also your mental state!)  Seeing her health decline continuously over the course of 4 years was incredibly hard for me to deal with. After battling for 4 years, she passed away in November 2012.
 Just a few months later, I quit my stressful 9-5 desk job to focus on creating a life that fulfilled me with happiness and do something I was deeply passionate about. Fitness and exercise was one thing I LOVED and got so much happiness from. This love for exercise inspired me to pursue a career that would hopefully change the lives of others inspiring them to live a healthy life as well. I wanted to make a difference in the world and in the lives of those around me. 
Just over 2 years later and that dream is now a reality! To have a job thats sole purpose is to help other women with their health and be a positive influence in their lives is one of the MANY reasons I love being a health coach so much! 


Mumma bear and I! xo


If you are reading this and can spare even just $10 to go towards this great cause, I would be SO appreciative and you can be proud knowing that you are making a difference in this world!
All funds raised for this event goes towards vital research into the prevention and cure of breast cancer.  Me and my team  Jessica Stevens Fitness have a goal amount of $1000 but we really do need your help to get there! 

THANK YOU!
Jessica Stevens
xo



DONATE TO MY FUNDRAISER HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment